Monday, March 12, 2012

Eiffel Tower (Tour Eiffel)

The story of half of my ventures here seems to be me going somewhere only to find it closed. This time, I was headed to see a meditation space designed by Tadao Ando, located behind the UNESCO building only to find it closed for weekends. To compensate for my losses, I usually end up seeing something else in the area.

I had actually been putting off seeing the tower in the expectation that I will unavoidably see it several times once a few friends roll through. Wonderfully, it made itself even more unavoidable this weekend. The UNESCO building is just down the Champ-de-Mars, and the steel structure is visible from all around.

Here are three very different views.


The first two are from the Cité de l'Architecture et du Patrimonie. I've been told there are protests in Paris almost constantly.


3 comments:

  1. I like the last picture the best :).
    Will you take some pictures of your apt. at some point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3rd one is the best photo, but i like the others better, because they show the Eiffel tower as a backdrop for other things.

    And... probably not. Wasn't planning on it, and wont be nagged into it. =p. You'll see it anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I wouldn't "nag" you into it :P. Can you describe it (via email or FB or whatnot) more to me, then? (you said it's "spacious" but I think your version of "spacious" and mine may be different). Cool that you have a fireplace though you will be there in summer. :P

    ReplyDelete