Thursday, March 15, 2012

Outdoors Day and Night

Is North America the only temperate climate where people aren't super connected to the outdoors and to their streets?

Even in my first few weeks here, when it was chilly out, people were eating outside, drinking outside, sitting out in parks. Restaurants and stores spill into the sidewalk. You can see that people are wearing winter jackets in this photo. Most restaurants have outdoor seating and many have outdoor heating. There's a place on my street that only has space for one table outside for two and of course there is a table there.


At night, I've also seen pockets of people around, sitting, having a beer, playing music. Looking forward to spring and summer nights.

(Earlier this week, I went on a long evening/night walk. After living in Boston, where I feel insecure walking outside after dark, the little venture was quite liberating.)


No comments:

Post a Comment