Thursday, March 22, 2012

3 scenes, one building. [Cite de l'architecture et du patrimonie]

Funny how, for me, a more eventful life leads to a less eventful blog. Blogs are a depiction of not-my-life. I also tend to take less pictures when I'm with people, so this blog is a pretty inaccurate representation generally.

Things you do not see: friends visiting, drinking wine by the seine, late nights at the office, lunches out in the sun.

Things you do see: Museums, like the Cité de l'Architecture et du Patrimonie. It's a museum for architecture and urban planning. I posted a picture from inside the museum in my Eiffel Tower post. The museum building itself was part of a lot of the exhibits. In the Eiffel tower photo you see a replicated domed room in the museum.

Scene 1:
There was a street performer at the entrance to the museum. I've always thought it would be too ridiculous to drag a real piano out to perform on the street. Not something I ever expected to see.


Scene 2:
There's a full scale mock up of a unit from Corbusier's Unité housing project. Cool to see, but it's hard to understand the project from just one unit as the main ideas of the project only become apparent through the accumulation of units around shared spaces.


Scene 3:
Not sure I was supposed to be back here, but there was a children's room with the usual toy doll houses and castles replaced by toy cathedrals.


1 comment:

  1. Who has visited you so far? :P

    I just ordered a purse with neat zippers (ie: thief-proof, hopefully) and also a huge carry-on-sized backpack for Paris. Getting excited! See you in 2 weeks.

    (and PS, yes, that is pretty cool about the piano.)

    ReplyDelete