Monday, October 25, 2010

I've been looking at images of a lot of buildings trying to decide what exactly I would like to write about as my semester long paper in 'Buildings, Texts, and Contexts' (the history and theory course at the Graduate School of Design). I'm realizing more and more that I tend to be bored and click past the typical architecture of folded planes of contemporary architects. Very rarely does it say something that is immediately novel until given a deeper look. It begins to frighten me that this is precisely the language of the buildings I have been designing in school. Are my designs anything more than typical? What are they doing? What do they say?

The goal is to have this figured out by graduation, and perhaps I will do something different for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment