Friday, January 15, 2010

Portfolio2010

Portfolio2010

Selected documentation of my work from 2009. Includes my final project from my first semester here.


In other news, I've been taking J-term classes over the past week. Today was the last day. There were more assignments than I expected, but it was great being able to dip my toes into parametric design, and LEED accreditation before classes get up and running again.

Every day I was switching between learning Digital Project and going to the office of Kling+Stubbins Architects and learning about LEED. I enjoyed learning how to do 3D modelling parametrically, since the lack of that ability often makes rhino3D frustrating to use. But then, being in an office setting made me wonder what the use of all of these softwares had once one goes to find a job in places that aren't Gehry Technologies. Aren't firms looking for skills in programs like Revitt which are not even taught in the schools? The really advanced students in the school atmosphere seem to be the ones who have all the computer magic down, but does it stay the same as we head into the working world? I wonder how the priorities of schooling matches up with the regular professional environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment